TABLE OF CONTENTS
List of tables
Table 4.1. Information about the availability of catering facilities on December 31, 2017 (based on results of federal statistical monitoring form No. 1-MO “Information on the infrastructure of the municipality” provided by local authorities)
Table 4.2. Food and beverage sector turnover by regions.
List of figures
Figure 4.1. Comparative statistics of Food&Beverage industry facilities
Figure 4.2. Restaurant organizational chart
Figure 4.3. Guest service procedure
Chapter 1: Introduction
1.1. Background to the Research
1.2. Aim and objectives
1.3. Structure of the dissertation
Chapter 2: Literature Review
2.1. Food&Beverage industry as a part of hospitality sector.
2.2. The development of Food&Beverage market in Russia
2.2.1. Concept, nature and the role of F&B in economy of the country
2.2.2. Historical aspects of Food&Beverage business development
2.2.3. Legislative aspects of Food&Beverage business development
2.2.4. General characteristics of HORECA entities activity in Russia
2.3. Technological development: word trends and Russian reality
2.3.1. Technological trends in restaurant market
2.4. Restaurant operating procedures
2.4.1. Restaurant automation systems
Chapter 3: Methodology
* USC Brand Manager interview (development of F&B industry/ leading sector)
* Questionnaire on preferable way of spending leisure time
Research instrument design
Piloting the research instrument
Conducting the research
Chapter 4: Findings. Analysis of results
4.1. An analysis of Russian Food&Beverage market development
4.1.2. Nielson research on customer behaviour after crisis
4.2. Restaurant operations automation systems
4.2.1. Front of house (FOH) operating systems
4.2.2. Back of house (BOH) operating systems
4.3. Technological trends not assimilated on restaurant market in Russia
4.4. Technological forecast for restaurant market 2020.
Chapter 5: Conclusions and recommendations
AI – Artificial Intellect
BOH – Back of House
CBRE – World commercial Real Estate services and Investment firm
CIA World Factbook – Central Intelligence Agency
EGAIS – United State Automation Information System in Russia
EMISS – Unified Interdepartmental Informational Statistical System
F&B – Food and Beverage
FOH – Front of House
GDP – Gross Domestic Product
GOST – Russian Inter-state Standard
HoReCa – Hotel Restaurant Cafe
ID — Identification
MLN – Million
MLRD — Milliard
NRA — National Restaurant Association
QR code – Quick Response code
RBK – Russian Business Consulting
ROSSTAT – Russian Federal State Statistic Service
RUB – Russian Rubles
USC — Leading Russian Software Developer for hospitality industry
- Automation Framework, Jan-Willem Middelburg, Van Haren, 2017
- Borodina V.V. (2001), Hospitality business. Accounting, taxation, marketing, management, Knizhnyj Mir
- Competing in the Information Age: Align in the Sand, Jerry N. Luftman, Oxford University Press, 2003
- Damian Mogavero, Joseph D’Agnese (2017), The Underground Culinary Tour: How the New Metrics of Today’s Top Restaurants Are Transforming How America Eats, Crown Publishing GroupNew York, NY, USA ©2017
- David Noble. (2017) Forces of Production: A Social History of Industrial Automation. Routledge
- Jack D. Ninemeier, David K. Hayes (2006) Restaurant Operations Management. Principles and Practices. Pearson Prentice Hall.
- Jonathan Love. (2007) Process Automation Handbook: A Guide to Theory and Practice. Springer Science & Business Media
- Martin Ford. (2015) Rise of the Robots: Technology and the Threat of a Jobless Future. Hachette UK
- Mustapha Mouloua. (2018) Automation and Human Performance: Theory and Applications. Routledge
- Operations Management for Service Industries: Competing in the Service Era, Glenn Bassett, Greenwood Publishing Group, 1992
- Peter Jones. (2008) Handbook of Hospitality Operations and IT [Elsevier handbooks of hospitality management series]. Routledge
- Rust, R.T. and F. Espinoza (2006), How technology advances influence business research and marketing strategy, Journal of Business Research, 59 (10-11), 1072-1078.
- Service Operations Management, Second Edition: The Total Experience, David W. Parker, Edward Elgar Publishing, 2018
- Wen-Hwa Lee, Ching-Wein Lin, Kuang-Heng Shih. (2018) A Technology Acceptance Model for the Perception of Restaurant Service Robots for Trust, Interactivity, and Output Quality. Inderscience Publishers
- Zhdanov V.V. (2004), Restaurant business management, Russian Economics Academy of G.V.Plehanov, Moscow
Appendix 1. USC marketing manager interview (development of F&B industry)
Yulia Kamaeva Brand Manager in USC,
- At what stage of development is Russian restaurant market now?
- Which factors had underlined restaurant market development in Russia?
- How the demand on your product has changed over 5 years?
- Have you noticed the changes in attitude for automation?
- What types of restaurant mostly integrate r-keeper?
- How often entrepreneurs refuse to prolong r-keeper?
- What was the reason for declining the software?